10/15/15 – DO NOW – Use each of the following definitions for code in correct and complete sentences (NOTE you will be writing 2 different sentences).\
1. The definition of “Code” as a noun is: The instructions for a computer program.
2. The definition of “Code” as a verb is: The act of writing a program.
We are going to start our project development today. Today’s assignment is to begin exploring some of the platform options that are available. Look at the chart in the link below and decide what it is you want to create or what it is that you want to learn.
ALWAYS READ ALL OF THE DIRECTIONS BEFORE STARTING
I CAN . . . navigate (steer; drive) Google Chrome, examine (look at; inspect) applications & extensions, & add them to my browser.
1. Watch the video on Social Networking from NSTeens on the projector.
2. Discussion about what to know about on Social Media and what should be reported.
3. Students will complete the Bingo Mixer. This will be a hard copy that will be passed out.
4. After the mixer we will go over the Chrome Browser
Things we need to cover today include:
Logging into the
Chrome Browser, Tabs, Home Tabs, Navigating Tabs, OneTab, Applications, Extensions
Hapara, Gmail, Docs, Forms, Slides, QR Generator
Adding & Using Extensions:
Save to Google Drive, Screenshot Capture & Annotate, OneTab, Split Screen
— Search some of the extensions or apps available