9/9/15 – Do Now – 7th Grade finish the “Computational Thinking” in your Z-Middle All. 8th Grade, update your projects page on your website.
7th and 8th grade will take the Binary Quiz
I CAN…examine (look at; inspect) the algorithm functions then sort (organize) and sequence (put in order; put in a series) playing cards based on sorting algorithms.
1. As a class discuss Algorithms: A set of calculations, instructions or rules that a computer would use to solve a problem.
5. Students will use cards using these sorting algorithms above. If you need some help, use these videos.
6. Write an algorithm for making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
If not completed already finish this from Tuesday:
7th Grade = Complete the Computational Thinking Activity in your Z-Middle All folder.
8th Grade = Make a projects entry on your website.
- Give an example from your life where there is a specific order in which you must do something.
- Why it is important that it be done in a certain order.