8/25/15 – DO NOW: The definition of “Digital Citizenship” is: To practice appropriate and responsible behavior when using technology.
Provide at least one example of good “Digital Citizenship”. Remember to use complete sentences with proper grammar & punctuation.
I CAN formulate (put together; create) a Word document and save it to a folder I created and can identify (name; label).
I CAN examine (look at; inspect) Word tools & utilize (put to use) insert, format, resize, pictures, text boxes, & WordArt to create (put together) a Name tag.
I CAN . . . examine (look at; inspect) Google images & sort (group; classify) the settings in order to find non-copyrighted images.
1. Go over searching images and use without copyrighting. Using the proper tools and settings:
2. Go over where and how to save pictures and name files.
3. Follow this document as a class over the next several days to complete the Nametag Assignment.
4. When you have finished and saved your completed name tag into your 7thGradeCS folder, you will need to put a copy in the shared drive.
5. To do that, first copy your file (Right click on it and it and select copy).
4. Go to Computer -> RFBMS Public Data-> Chiaramonte -> Class Period then right on the folder and select paste.
6. Now open the folder and confirm that yours is in there.
7. Make sure you have completed ALL of the Do Now’s for this week.
8. When you are done: Begin working on http://www.codeavengers.com/
You can sign up using your 19#. Scroll down and do the Python Free Lessons.
I CAN visualize (imagine; think about) the purpose of a website and examine (look at; inspect) several examples of quality web design.
I CAN read and analyze (break apart; study the pieces) the rubric for my website project.
Create a website using Google Sites. Use this tutorial to begin: Sites tutorials.
Click here Google Sites to begin.
Must Have Pages (requirements):
- Homepage (What is your website about)
- About Me (About you)
- Projects (Add some hyperlinks to your favorite websites)
- Digital Citizenship (Find some good sources on the web that covers DC)
- Feedback (Create a Google Form for readers to give you feedback)
- Reflection (Express how difficult the process of designing a website was)
Here is the Rubric for how you will be graded.
You will keep your site updated throughout the course posting updates as we complete projects.