8th Grade: Globaloria & Code.org (Password on the left side of board)
3/24/15 -DO NOW: THERE ARE TWO STEPS FOR TODAY’S POST!
STEP 1: Definition of “Wiki” is a website that allows a community of users to add or edit content.
Use the term “Wiki” in a sentence.
STEP 2: Explain the difference between a Blog (yesterday’s Do Now) and a Wiki (today’s Do Now).
I CAN. . . examine (look at; inspect) designing tools in Flash Pro, and utilize (put to use) them to create (put together) the graphics in my game.
I CAN. . . demonstrate (show; make plain) my understanding of basic tools in Flash Professional and sequence (put in order; put in a series) of code using ActionScript 3.0.
3/34/15 – Do Now – Watch the video below and explain what they mean by “The internet never forgets” in your Do Now log.
Read all the direction before beginning.
I CAN…infer (make a good guess; read between the lines) the purpose of the Educated Dude video, by summarizing (give a short version) of what he says and support (back up with details) my summary.
1. Watch the video below of the Educated Dude. You will probably need to watch it a couple of times to really understand all he is saying. Really think about what is being said and don’t rush through this.
2. In a Google Doc name the document FirstL_EducatedDude. Write two paragraphs (at least 5 sentence for EACH one) about what he is trying to say in this video. Use correct grammar and sentence structure in your paragraph.
Do NOT just list things. Write as if responding to something you may have read.
Here are some things to consider and questions to answer in your response paragraph.
What is the topic he is rapping about?
How does he start his rhyme?
What points (or ideas) is he making?
What questions is he asking? Is there a challenge?
Do you see this rap as something that is negative or positive?
What is the point and why do you think he made this video?
How does this video leave you feeling?
What questions or ideas does it make you think about?
3. Make sure you the FirstL_EducatedDude document is in your Z-Middle All Folder.
4. Read Digital You while we wait for others to finish so we can share and discuss.
5. When you are done go here.