Note from the library: BOOKS ARE DUE TODAY!
Students can renew books online in their Destiny accounts.
To login in to Destiny, user name is their student number and their login in is password123.
On Tuesday, January 13th & 27th Homewood Public Library is hosting: Coding for Girls
Welcome to Computer Science!!
- You will use the same Google Doc for every DO NOW.
Follow these directions to get to your DO NOW Interactive log:
1. Go to your Google Drive: Click on the waffle looking square in the top left corner. Then select the Google Drive app.
2. Then select the folder that says Z-Middle All-“LASTNAME”, “FIRST”
3. You will see a Google Doc that says, “FIRSTNAME” DO NOW Interactive Log.
4. Open that document to see how you will submit the daily DO NOW.
DO NOW: The part you will copy and paste into the Interactive Log is below and will be a different color then everything else on the day’s blog post:
1/5/15 – DO NOW: The definition of “folder” is: a storage place for files.
Using a complete sentence write the name of a folder you can find on your computer.
If you haven’t already done bookmark the class blog techedteaching.wordpress.com into your bookmarks bar by clicking on the “star” in the address bar: Click on the done button.
I CAN Formulate (put together; create) a Word document and save it to a folder I created and can identify (name; label).
I CAN interpret (explain the meaning; make clear) the class rules and support (give the facts; back up with details) with an example (give an instance; case) of each rule being broken.
1. We only touch the computer we are logged into.
2. We never turn off a computer unless asked by the teacher.
3. We are always working on the assignment for that day and nothing else.
4. We never go to any website or application without permission, inappropriate or otherwise.
5. We always save in the proper location with the correct format for our filename. Example: VinnyC_Rules
6. When needing help or feeling stuck we use the “Ask Three Then Me” method, ask three of your peers before asking me.
Follow each step in order numbered order.
1. Open a new Word document.
2. Locate your (H:) drive. It usually starts with your 19# (login number)
3. Create a new folder and name it “7thGradeCS” or “8th GradeCS”.
4. Save your new document with the correct filename: FirstL_Rules (Example VinnyC_Rules)
5. Copy class rules above and paste them into the document.
6. After each rule provide an example of someone breaking that rule.
Conduct a class discussion on the rules and have students share some of their examples with the class.